Videonics Video Equalizer VE-1, psu build

Assembled the first board. It’s working well! Noe I have to map out where the cable and power jack are going to exit the end cheek of the housing so I can cut the end cheeks on the laser.

1 Like

Just finished laser cutting the end cheeks for the business side of the housings. I used 1/8" thick solid hard maple since it is easier to me to work with wood cheeks than plastic/acrylic ones. And it looks swankier. :slight_smile:

Now I’m trying to decide whether to leave them natural or stain them. I usually don’t do clear coatings, etc. since they can mess with the fit later.

1 Like

Staining the end cheeks red because I wanted something different. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see pictures!

yes! we are on the edge of our seats. can’t wait.

Sorry about the lack of update this last week or so. My father-in-law died suddenly, so I’ve been dealing with that… I’ll be back on track soon.

3 Likes

Housing prep started today:
housings

3 Likes

Housing’s are all labeled:
case_labels

4 Likes

PCB:

3 Likes

What are thoughts on this?

You REALLY don’t want to plug that into your VE-1. The power output is completely wrong. You need -5/+5, not the +5/+12 that supply outputs. Same plug shape, different in every other way. :slight_smile:

Oo I get you. No mod chance?

1 Like

Not really, no. It would be like trying to turn two unicycles into a bicycle. While technically possible, you could just buy a bicycle instead.

1 Like

Hahaha very much appreciate the the visualisation. Where would you be shipping your editions from if you were to sell? Sorry to hear about your father in law also.

1 Like

Thank you. He was a great guy. The unofficial mayor of our town.

I’ll be shipping from the USA.

I’ve finished the Videonics VE-1 power converter ‘Bryce’. But, before I release them for sale on networkxxiii.xyz, I’d like to get an outside ‘beta’ tester. Ideally, this person would have a fully working VE-1 WITH their original -5v/+5v 5-pin power supply.. If you think you fit the bill, and would like to test the replacement supply, please DM me here. I’ll collect DM’s for a bit and then choose who to send one to. You can keep the supply when testing is done. THIS IS ONLY FOR USERS OF THE VE-1 THAT HAS THE 5-PIN POWER SUPPLY.

2 Likes

Bryce is ready to ship. The instruction sheet is attached. I’ll have it up on the networkxxiii.xyz site in the next couple of days.
bryce_instructions.pdf (1.6 MB)
Anyone interested? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Final version of the datasheet for Bryce:
bryce_instructions.pdf (1.6 MB)

3 Likes

I’m interested in one

1 Like

I’d like to get one. I’m based in UK can you shop here?

1 Like