Whats everyone working on these days?

This looks incredible! Also I just received your SNOW module about a week or two ago and it’s beautiful. Thank ya :slight_smile:

1 Like

damn this is dope!

I recently finished a reverse music videos project, where I shared vids with a handful of musicians and they scored them: https://pleco.conditional.club/

Originally the plan was for a DVD release too, but events transpired, so for now it’s just a site!

6 Likes

i like this idea ! reverse music-videos … video-musics?

2 Likes

video-musics?

I love it.

2 Likes

We’ve been vjing and livestreaming with “Interzone” every Friday (see this post) until recently, with the collaboration of dozens of DJs and musicians who sent us their recordings for us to perform live visuals over. All 70+ episodes have been archived and they are available for streaming and download here.

We still perform every Wednesday with the same formula:

(as usual for our productions, it may include strobes, drugs, hardcore sex)

6 Likes

finally released!

8 Likes

Still mostly focused on in-person, guitar oriented stuff, although the livestreams still use visuals and Octatrack/Kijimi also. Cut don the video setup to two Raspberry Pis, still waiting on backordered parts to build the FFG and a couple other simple analog things to put inside feedback loops. Should be able to start the mini Wobbulator build up again in a couple weeks. All I need is some coil wire and materials for mounting everything.

Built the nicest fuzz pedal I’ve made so far last week, and finished up a tube amp a few weeks ago that had been sitting in a box for years because I started it a long time ago before I could safely finish it.

I’ve got an old, unreleased thing from 2015 finally getting released this summer on a small cassette label that asked me about it last year, but I don’t know the specific dates yet, just that it’s probably their next release as of two months ago. So I guess I need to finally make an actual website of some kind so I can have some kind of usable hub for the different projects I’ve got going.

Making some pretty decent pizzas again, too.

2 Likes

Hell yeah! My first true electronics project was a clone of the fuzz factory, and to this day, it’s my favorite pedal.

1 Like

Hey y’all, glad to post here again. Finally gave in and got a video mixer (Panasonic MX70). Got it for a steal at $200. I also started experimenting around with the VGA feedback loop by LoFiFuture and added an oscillator to it. Would love to hear what the rest of y’all are up to

5 Likes

In the time i was offline i wrote a Physarum simulation in OpenCL. My code and these videos are inspired by an a article from Jeff Jones.: “Characteristics of Pattern Formation and Evolution in Approximations of Physarum Transport Networks”.

1 Like

1 Like

@TubularCorporation …are all those machines part of a same setup like this?

1 Like

I wish. I’m visiting family so I had the cabinet shipped to their house instead of my apartment and put it all together here; the photo is in their spare room. The amp, pedal, box of cables, l-pad, guitar and pants are mine. The sweet, 1980s, Sanyo fan my dad found about 10 years ago and I only WISH it was mine.

1 Like

A few months ago, we got committed our first music video, and we are now working on a second one for another music act.
We’ve still been streaming every Wednesday for the Daddies On Acid and Interzone Berlin-based parties, and we keep uploading all the recordings to the Internet Archive.
As soon as the lockdowns eased, we got back to performing live at techno parties, also establishing a new collaboration with the music collective Art Bei Ton.
A few days ago, we achieved our dream of making visuals all night long at the Gegen party inside Kit Kat, an infamous fetish techno club.
Next Friday, we will support the legendary synthesizer band Transistors Of Mercy as part of the local festival Krake 2021.
More VJ sets at techno parties are planned for November. In December we will also begin collaborating with Autonoma Industriale, whose events feature techno industrial music, often played live on synthesizers.

5 Likes

hello again! I’ve been trying to spend more time outside before it gets too cold, so haven’t really paid attention to any video related projects, but last week it finally was rainy and (kinda) cold, so I stayed home and tried latest release candidate version of vvvv gamma since they had some improvements on the parts I’m interested in and it went pretty well. I did a video feedback loop using some vector graphics as a texture input for 3d engine where I piped some filters in a loop. All was rendered in real time while listening to Xenakis’s La Legende D’Eer, so was kind of trippy and matching the music I suppose. Since vvvv is a patchable real-time environment I’m thinking to replicate an lzx style analog synth, but with a software modules to patch. Needles to say it looks much nicer when rendered rather than captured and published on yt. Any feedback is appreciated (to create a loop haha)

1 Like

when the weather traps you inside with synthesizers, make synthesizer-ade. also, yes! xenakis!

2 Likes

it has been a busy fall. had a lot of shows in a short period of time, one of which was with phase space where we visited a university about 3 hours out of the city (the first time we have done that type of roaming video workshop/event). i also did an artist talk, where i talk about a lot of ideas and things that i’ve been working on over the past year – it was live-streamed for ljudmila lab in slovenia, and the archive is up here:

5 Likes

Because my algorithmically generated images look too clean, I try to counteract this. So up to now I have been using footage from the real world in the algorithms to break the clean look.

Now I have started to disturb the too clean output on the digital monitor by filming it. For example with an unfocused camera, or I hang a foil between the monitor and the camera, or film through one cheap plastic lens. The most surprising shots were taken when I had glass parts lying on the monitor. Several of these shots are put together here as showcases.

2 Likes

And this is how my studio looks at the moment.

3 Likes