Whats everyone working on these days?

Hello. I am currently working on an AV show.

Eveything is analog. I make electronic music with tape loops and then make a visual on top.

My video setup consists of three cameras, two VCR’s, a 3TrinsRGB+1c, a schele mixer, a Vivanco router, Roland V4, a couple Panasonic Ave-5 and a Mezkalin Rusty Joe for texture + audio reactivity.

It’s coming along quite nicely.

It’s a bit difficult because I do everything on the spot. I tend to rely on dynamic states so i don’t have to constantly tweak the video to keep it interesting while I make music.

You can watch it here

https://youtu.be/oqw6b9WGj-o?si=Xn8bmSjCdia_rV0x

4 Likes

Extremely late to the party, but I absolutely love this work!

1 Like

I’m excited to share that I’ll be exhibiting my work in a gallery setting for the first time next week, and it’ll be my first ever audiovisual piece! Here’s a short clip from the piece, called “fraction”

Made with footage I filmed on a Canon Rebel T5i and processed in my custom video glitching software Compressure, with music I made on my modular synthesizer.

7 Likes

Great work!! Really nice job! @mip

1 Like

Here’s the full piece I debuted last night in Austin, Texas, USA. I’m happy to answer any questions about it. I suggest viewing with headphones. Note that the piece is about 10 minutes long and features some slight strobing effects that may be difficult for some viewers.

3 Likes

Some simple keying/compositing to accompany Mantra Chanting. Death Conquering Mantra (Sanskrit)

1 Like

…ambioSonics live - session 150 - made some (harmless) visuals for this anniversary-session with a semi-modular setup[1] that i threw together only about three hours before the event using two Erogenous Tones Structures ( - the Hypno did not want to sync correctly to the video-mixer and could not be used - ) and a Roland V-8 that performed exceptionally bad and dropped out with even minor glitches coming from the modular…

[1 - modules used 2 ET Structure, Hypno, MIDI-2-CV for clock, Sensory Translator, J&O Traffic, Vermona Random Rhythm and some multiples]

…it was great fun nevertheless - the doing visuals and especially the music - a very nice session:

Youtube:

Peertube:

3 Likes

For the last three months I’ve been working on a project where I was attempting to take pictures of light.

Working with oil drop last year, I fell in love with the reflections that would end up on the wall. I call them Lumia after Thomas Wilfred.

The concept seemed easy to accomplish… buy light reactive paper, shine lumia at the paper and develop the paper like a photograph.

It did not work out that easy… After several failed attempts I was finally able to capture some light on the photograph paper.

I tried several different light bulbs, flashlight and laser but was not getting the results I wanted. For example:

The lights would ‘burn’ a hole in the center and very little color got captured.

A break through came when I put a piece of cardboard perpendicular to the paper and shined the laser at the cardboard instead of directly at the paper. The refraction of the light is captured on the paper, while the cardboard blocks light from getting to the other side of the paper. Shining a different colored laser on the opposite side of cardboard produced the effect I was attempting to produce.

I was able to find the correct types of light bulbs and finally figured out my timings with the light sources to produce some contact prints.

The very cool thing about this photo development process is you have to develop a black and white negative of the image first and then convert it to color. Here is an example of the photo above in black and white negative form before converting it to color.

Messing with the chemical development times also results in some great colors.

I’m working on video that shows the process. I’m just happy to have finally figured it out!

14 Likes

Working on an audioreactive glitch box (inspired by circuits from isorythmics composite processing circuitry class)

5 Likes

a live performance I did with @andrei_jay during our residency at coaxial in LA in october:

16 Likes

First bending project, probably should have started with audio but whatever haha

3 Likes

Next stop converters and enclosures :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Two CHA/V based synths + cheap VGA2AV + dirty mixer

8 Likes

…another livestream - this time actually two streams in parallel - from our monthly ambioSonics-event (from the Glockenbachwerkstatt, Munich, Germany)…

…both streams feature the same live audio (pretty dynamic session this time) while one is showing the musicians in action with three automatically looping cameras, and the other one showing just the improvised visuals that were performed (by me) and screened during the event…

…the visuals setup consisted - amongst a lot (too much) of other stuff - of two Erogenous Tones Structure modules, a Sleepy Circuits Hypno, a BPMC Fluxus Duo and some additional modules like the Jasmin&Olive Tree Traffic and the Intellijel Steppy…

…unfortunately one of the main components i had planed for the perfomance - an iPad with a couple of prepared video-clips - refused to connect to the Roland V-8, which was the main video-mixer in this setup…

…the BPMC Fluxus Duo-output and the output of the Roland V-8 went through two Panasonic ES-10 to stabilize the video - this worked great (the parts where the video drops out are when i unintentionally disconnected the cable from the Hypnos out)…

…the two streams were done with two Yolobox Pro:

3 Likes

Last night I showed some work under a bridge with a bunch of other weirdos, which was pretty cool.

I showed fraction and a new piece: return (to the beauty of chaos)

Here’s a pic of the venue

9 Likes

VGA Feedback Machine is finally done and available as a kit or complete build :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi, is there any further info on the price/ordering for a complete build? Thanks and awesome work!

1 Like

Thank you! They are available for purchase on my website https://homegrownvhs.com

1 Like

Hello everyone. I made an introduction video for my Raspberry Pi Zero 1 video synth I’ll be releasing code soon. Feedback would be welcome on the concept. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPDNa9rRZoE

7 Likes

very cool ! love that tile look thanks for sharing