Whats everyone working on these days?

Really nice! The output reminds me of the Video Equations Video Synth.

Video Equations is on my inspiration list in addition to Ming Mecca/Micro World Core and Lightwall NES rom.

2 Likes

reminder to submit what you been working on these days to our annual community showcase happening this weekend!

poster by @andrei_jay

4 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve made anything particularly glitchy. I’ve been experimenting with Super 8 video a lot instead (money pit!!).

Anyway I fired up the rig last night and ran some of the Super 8 footage through the Tachyon OptiGlitch and Mezkalin Synthwave Killah, with clips recorded/played back through the Roland P10 - with a TBC used when needed. The Edirol v4 gave some help as well. Here’s the result.

6 Likes

Tinkering with different ways of syncing eurorack video synths. In this case I’m just sending a gate out the song in my daw that triggers a sample & hold that drives two phase mod channels on the Mainbow. It’s interesting that sometimes it snaps between two states and sometimes smooshes between them, not sure if that’s just the nature of the circuit, or if it’s because I’m sending eurorack levels into something expecting LZX levels.

1 Like

I am creating modules on Drambo to drive 2 Raspberry via MIDI and filter everything on gravity waves, I take advantage of the option that Drambo offers to virtualize the oscillators in MIDI CC, so it would be nice to be able to change the reception channel from 1 to 2 in a such that with a tablet I can use a single source, the advantage that all the synthesizers on raspberry use the same cc offers me the opportunity to create specific sequences for the entire raspberry-based ecosystem, naturally it becomes very practical to bring the audio. As soon as I finish it I’ll post the link if you’re interested.

2 Likes

did a live show with @andrei_jay as REALITY ORP earlier this month, and actually managed to get a decent recording of it.

9 Likes

Made a lil demo of my latest project

9 Likes

I did a short trial for Resolume Arena and started building a patch. Feels super familiar, like an Ableton Live for video. Learning the software was relatively straightforward, now I have to build something and I find it very challenging to make cohesive, but exciting videos. Looking forward to building something awesome!

2 Likes

I started a video project called Box Energy. These are done on homemade video synthesizer + computer efx and recorded video signal as the audio. Hope you like the sound of 50Hz!

5 Likes

Hello, I finally put together and shot this av piece.

9 Likes

Thanks for the links. Pretty interesting. Bomb is cool, but It seems there is not an option to modify the resolution to get better visuals. There is a link in the documentation, and I searched It on Google. And the author Scott Draves still has the old links online, so you can get more information about It. You can even download Bomb 1.30, the source code, etc. Pretty amazing how old those things are.

Scottdraves.com

Cheers!!

1 Like

I think the best use case for Bomb today would be if you could find one of those late 90s/early 2000s laptops that has a built in composite video output (I had one a long time ago but I can’t remember the model, it was a Toshiba or something and already pretty old when I found it in the mid 2000s) and use it as part of an SD hardware system. VGA looks great at SD and Bomb should run on just about anything (I remember it getting at least NTSC frame rates on my dad’s Pentium 100 back in the day)

Honestly I like VGA even on modern monitors but it would definitely be nice to have higher resolutions available too.

Yes, old graphics have something, they are nice in itself. Analog video as well. I am very new to this stuff… I like the visuals of Bomb, but sometimes, I wonder how they would look at a bit higher definition and resolution, not exactly like uhd, 4k, but a bit more, like let’s say Milkdrop 2. A bit more modern.

Very interesting what you said about the laptop. Maybe it’s possible to get the same result with an hdmi to av converter. What’s an sd hardware system, btw?

I just meant like old video mixers and stuff. Standard definition.