Post some video link/embeds of your stuff here!

Feel the viral Bern!

2 Likes

some new ffmpeg experiments
getting more familiar
I’ll be doing some ~1hour long sample packs of this kind of material

2 Likes

new to the forum, hi hi :ok_man: !
This uses video synth by @andrei_jay the waaave Pool, and a glitch box with video microscopes and also oil and water dye, filming water on a iPad screen, and some location shots. learning Premiere still… not too sure about it yet but it’s been interesting to try to make a kind of narrative or arc with editing abstract images in a long sequence… cheers from SF…

youtube is all I have right now, I don’t have vimeo but maybe I should :thinking:

6 Likes

great idea!

a weird performance i did last weekend based off my piece, magnetic field recordings:

5 Likes

hii everyone - hope some of you will consider submitting something for our birthday showcase !

3 Likes

I have a longer piece that I cut to a nice stopping point I just need to upload!

1 Like

Here’s a video for a new noise project I’m doing. I was trying to get something slowly audio reactive over the course of the track. The ffmpeg parameters are below if you enjoy this effect!

ffmpeg -f lavfi -i “amovie=2021-04-16_increasing_anger_n.wav,asplit[a][out1];[a]showspectrum=s=720x540,scroll=v=-0.0002:h=0.0001,lagfun=decay=0.999,tmix=frames=2:weights=‘-0.96 1’,eq=contrast=1.5,vignette,scale=1440x1080:flags=neighbor,format=yuv420p[out0]” -crf 22 -ab 256k increasing_anger.mp4

3 Likes

this is really neat! ffmpeg is such fun

1 Like

Here’s a playlist of 5 videos I recently recorded of a relatively simply Video Synth patch consisting of a few LZX modules & some DIY builds: Fox’s Shutter, VSig’s GrainBrain and the Castle Quad-Gate from Philip in Toronto.

4 Likes

This was my very late submission for the birthday bash. I dont know if It got played because I unfortunately couldnt watch it all but here it is for anyone interested.

I plan on doing a continuation of this to the entire Ghost in the Shell OST. Im also toying with the idea of doing a circuit bent mashup with the live action film.

For anyone interested this is a DVD of the 1995 Ghost in the Shell. The signal chain is DVD player → Circuit Bent Radioshack/Archer Video Enhancer → Prime Image Penta II TBC → DataVideo 500 mixer → Dell LCD → Canon Rebel Ti

7 Likes

@bearanoid it did play - thank you for submitting it was great

3 Likes

First time poster, Long-time lurker and learner here. After about 2 years of reading, learning, building a system, and getting inspired by all of you, I’ve finally started to do some short videos for a cassette that I’m releasing next week. It feels so great to be sharing something finally!

8 Likes

super nice work !! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I know this is almost a year old, but I just dug through these older posts and this is awesome! Is it all AVE5 feedback (looks like that to me)? Would be interested in hearing how you made this.

2 Likes

thank you! no ave5 in this. it is mostly 2 mx50s chained together in a feedback loop, but i have modded the mixers to receive control voltage from my modular synth, so that is why is looks like there are two mixer wipes dancing around each other. unfortunately one of those mixers died a few months ago, f. The last part is an oscilloscope being keyed into an optical feedback loop where the camera is going through a tachyons+ processor.

3 Likes

Wow, really interesting how similiar the feedback and the mosaic effects look to the ave 5. Thanks for the explanation!

And really cool with the osciloscope and the t+ gear. We did that, too! Do you also use osci studio?

i have never used oscistudio but it looks cool. the idea of drawing something first and then hearing what it sounds like instead of making sounds and seeing what it looks like sounds fun

Yeah, If you Sample the sounds on an audio Sampler you can perform them live and use audio effects like delay and eq to manipulate the image on the osciloscope. Great fun!

Now I’m trying to convert colors to sound. The image data of the animation runs through several filters to create the graphic effects. In the last filter the image data is analyzed at two positions. Per position it is a small square area that is sampled. A single point would be too affected by image noise and rounding errors. For each area, the averaged color, saturation and brightness are calculated. These values are then sent via Open Sound Control. 25 OSC packages per second.

SuperCollider receives this data stream and uses it separately for the left and right audio channel. The sound synthesis is thus continuously re-parameterized. There are no discrete events that are sent to SuperCollider. Thus not suitable for an envelope with attack, sustain and release time.

Drawing from: Joseph Constantine Stadler (1780–1812)

3 Likes