Scanlines birthday community showcase - open call for participation

as mentioned it is our 1year birthday coming up v soon and it would be awesome to celebrate with you all! :balloon: :balloon: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

we will have a community showcase screening on 4/20/2021 and need your submissions !

please send me a short video (around 10 minutes or less) of something you have created in the last year - it could be anything, from a finished av piece to a recording talking about a process or project…

you can submit using this form. submissions will be open up until a day or so before. ireally hope you can contribute/join us in celebrating this amazing community

10 Likes

here is a poster for the event ! feel free to share it around. we will create a new version to include the names of the artists once we have them ! looking forward to seeing everyone’s work.

8 Likes

Hoping I have time to get something done this week.

The good news is the line amps for the CRT should arrive today, so I might be able to do some oscillographic stuff.

2 Likes

4/20!!!

3 Likes

Been a slow slow slow year for me video-wise but I’m gonna try to submit something this week.

3 Likes

Hell yea! I’ll submit a music video soon. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m planning to submit something this weekend … hope it’s not too late already. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, this week has been pretty busy, I don’t think I’ll be able to finish anything until Monday afternoon, which is probably too late. Working a lot this weekend becasue I got a day behind by blowing everything off to research Wobbulators and mods for my oscilloscope all afternoon last Wednesday.

1 Like

it might. not be too late - submit somethign when you can , will try to get it on programme :wink: (also it can something uv already recorded obvs)

3 Likes

Just submitted mine :slight_smile:
I’m looking forward to the stream!

:eyes: :open_book:

2 Likes

I’ll get something together, even if it’s just improvising over some old recording I already have.

1 Like

i think have something i recorded onto vhs from this fall that i would have have to digitize. I can probably do that tomorrow if that is not too late to submit

2 Likes

We just submitted our contribution. It’s 720x576, please let us know if we should provide a different size.

3 Likes

Will the stream be archived afterwards? I managed to get a vaccine appointment around the same time, which I’m stoked about, but won’t be home :joy_cat:

1 Like

have a flower for your upcoming birthday!

6 Likes

I’ve got something recorded, but I won’t have the sound done until tomorrow evening, if you can squeeze it in last minute. It’s about 11 minutes long.

1 Like

Sounds good should be no problem

1 Like