this community space is a work-in-progress
it is open to everyone, but we are still doing some setting up / figuring things out.
feel free to make suggestions
join the chat at: chat.scanlines.xyz
or expand it at the bottom right, if you’re on a desktop browser!
check out our community video hosting: videos.scanlines.xyz
more info in this thread
what is this all about?
this forum was created as a friendly place to discuss diy video and audio projects, electronic-based art, and related interests. it is hosted on our own servers running discourse, rocket.chat and peertube, and is intended as a refuge from large corporate social media sites. as a community run space, we hope to facilitate sharing of information and encouragement among newcomers and old schoolers alike.
guide to using this space
- you can easily embed videos from vimeo, youtube, and twitch livestreams, by pasting the link on a line by itself (with an empty line above and below it). you can also embed iframes from hydra-editor.glitch.me and share code blocks.
- wiki posts can be edited by any user.
- for mobile, it is possible to access this forum via the discoursehub apps for android and ios, in addition to the mobile browser.
- you can also use the rocket.chat apps for android and ios to access our chat in addition to visiting chat.scanlines.xyz in the browser.
- there is a “light mode” theme that you can enable in your preferences if you would prefer a white background.
our intentions as a community
while we aim for minimal imposed structure & hierarchy, we need to state some things we stand for and some we don’t. in order to create the welcoming space we want to be a part of, we must reject discrimination based on race, gender, sexuality, and ability. we stand against fascism and bullying, hostile competitiveness, and consumerism. everyone who visits here can play a role in keeping an eye out for harmful behaviors.
what we do stand for: respectful and thoughtful communication, making people feel comfortable asking questions and learning, and being open to adapt as we go.
you can help us pay the operating costs of running this space here